We live in the fruit bowl of Aotearoa in Hawke’s Bay. This workshop is designed for the beginning gardener who would like to select the best possible varieties of fruit trees including nuts and berries that are low maintenance, can be grown organically and are suited to an urban setting.
- site selection
- root stock explained
- appropriate fruit trees for a backyard situation
- other fruiting crops, such as berries and nuts to grow
- trees adapted to container growing
- where to obtain trees
- how to graft fruit trees
- creating a herbal ley
- attracting bees and other beneficial insects
- how to plant a tree
- basic pruning explained
- space saving ideas such as espalier
- organic pest control
- concept of ‘food forest’ explained
Time:- 1:30pm – 3:30pm
Venue:- 12 Emerald Hill, Havelock North. Click here for location.
Cost:-$45 per person, includes morning tea and course notes.
Be quick to register as participant numbers are limited to 15 people per course. Payment is due in advance with no refund or cancellation, but you are welcome to send an alternative attendee.
See below to ask Janet a question.